Welcome to National Community College Aerospace Scholars
National Community College Aerospace Scholars (NCAS) is a program funded by NASA's Exploration Systems Mission Directorate (ESMD) and administered by NASA Johnson Space Center (JSC). Community college students from across the nation who are interested in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics will apply to travel to NASA for a 3 day experience. This opportunity will provide a hands-on project featuring engineering career possibilities. Selected students will begin the semester commitment with Web-based preparation prior to visiting NASA. The 3 day experience at NASA will allow participants to:
- Participate in team project directed by NASA engineers
- Attend engineer, scientist and astronaut briefings
- Tour NASA JSC facilities
- Interact with students from across the United States
To participate you must be:
- A U.S. citizen.
- At least 18 years of age and a high school graduate.
- A community college student pursuing an initial undergraduate degree and who has not previously attended a CAS event.
- Enrolled or strongly interested in a science, technology, engineering, or mathematics field.
- Able to commit to a one-semester relationship with NASA Johnson Space Center (JSC),
including a 3 day experience during the spring semester held at a NASA center
- Able to access the Internet (home, school, or public library)
Contact: Deborah Hutchings - 281-483-8623
For further information please email: